Meeting called to order by President Dave Powell at 7:00 pm.
Approximately 27 people attended.
- President: Dave discussed the use of Bass Pro’s meeting room for general membership meetings. They have a meeting room which is available free of charge. We would have to be out of the room by 9:00pm. There are plenty of food options available nearby. Dave and Cheryl will check into its availability, etc.
- Vice President: Lisa Baer – absent
- Treasurer: Dave LeRoy announced dates for 2015-2016 Craftsbury trip. He was notified of these dates with the trip starting Wednesday, December 30, 2015 and ending Sunday, January 3, 2016. Dave made a motion to go ahead and reserve these dates, seconded by Bill Pickering. If the above dates are unavailable, there is another option , which is Thursday through Monday, same week. He will use his good judgment, if he needs to change dates. All present were in favor, No one opposed.
- Secretary: Marilyn Grove, no report.
- Newsletter Editor: Pete Oswald – absent
- Webmaster: Bill Stine discussed email list for day trips. 25 members have signed up so far.
- Trip Co-coordinator: Ron Henry – absent
- Past President: Dave Walborn announced that Craftsbury would like to finalize our interest in the coaching lessons offered on January 2. This is a one-hour free class.
- Membership: Nancy Kauhl needs our dues and membership info by 12/10/14 in order to have the “People to Ski With” available at the Christmas party. She also states we have had a continuous trickle of new members.
OLD BUSINESS: Space available on Stowe II and Pulaski II.
- Roberta Strickler discussed Wilderness Lodge (near Erie) and her interest in having a small group trip to this venue. She has a few dates available. If you are interested, let Roberta know. Wilderness Lodge has a website which will offer further information.
- Nancy K. distributed a few mail order catalogs from Eagle River Nordic.
REMINDER: HOLIDAY PARTY 7:00 pm Wednesday, December 17!!!! Hosted by Bill & Sandy Stine
The business meeting concluded at 7:20pm.
PROGRAM: Steve Runkle did another fantastic and informative program on Canals and Canal Life in and around the Susquehanna River Basin.
The meeting adjourned at 8:30pm.
Marilyn S. Grove