President Dave Powell called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
Approximately 57 people attended.
- President: Dave Powell – no report
- Vice President: Mike McMullen – no report
- Secretary: Marilyn Grove, absent – Jeff Grove covering – no report
- Treasurer: Dave LeRoy – Reports there are 6 people signed up for Hut to Hut and trip will close today unless others want to sign up tonight. Openings on Stowe and Bennington.
- Newsletter Editor: Pete Oswald – absent – no report
- Webmaster: Bill Stine – no report
- Membership: Nancy Kauhl – Reports we obtained 3 new members on Craftsbury trip.
- Nominating Chair & Past President: Dave Walborn – no report
- Program Director: Sandy Stine – Next social January 20 at Fenicci’s of Hershey at 7:00pm. No general meeting for February but social will be held February 17 at Herby’s El Mexicano. BIG CHANGE – No program March 1 as 18 members are on trips. We will not be going to the Thai Palace for the monthly social, but instead will go to Joseph R Grundy Observatory in Lancaster with Ed Cook doing the presentation on March 16.
OLD & NEW BUSINESS:
Nan Reisinger, who holds the distinction of being the oldest woman to hike the entire length of the Appalachian Trail in a single season, presented the evening’s program. She gave us some interesting facts about the trail and described her experience with photos. Excellent presentation.
Jeoffry E Grove