Following is contact information for many of the facilities Kick ‘n Glider Trip Leaders have used to house our club on extended trips. You may find the information useful should you decide to go skiing on your own or gather a group of friends to ski this winter.
A link to detailed information about and directions to specific trails and ski centers is included for each entry.
And, don’t forget nearby options like Crystal Lake and the Laurel Highlands. Check out the Pennsylvania Venues detailed on our website at kickngliders.org/wp/places-to-ski/.
Potter County / Susquehannock Lodge
- Each year, member, Gil Linde runs a ski trip to Susquehannock Lodge, owned by Ed & Carol Szymanik, in beautiful Potter County.
- Address: 5039 US Route 6 West, Ulysses, PA 16948
- Phone: 814-435-2163
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gil Linde is coordinating this year’s 2 or 3 night independent trip Feb 5, 6 and 7. You need to make your own reservations with the lodge but please inform Gil of your plans via email or phone at 717-575-0905. Find details about Gil’s trip on our website at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Venues: kickngliders.org/wp/potter-county-area-pa/
- The 1880 House B&B has been a Kick ‘n Gliders favorite for many years.
- Address: 1 South Jefferson St, Pulaski, New York 13142
- Phone: 315-298-3511 or 315-298-6088
- Email: email@example.com
- Venues: kickngliders.org/wp/tug-hill-west-ny/
- We first stayed at the North Country Manor B&B in 2012 and we’ve returned at least once every year since that time.
- There is lots of excellent skiing in the area and the Manor is lovely and comfortable.
- Address: 4173 NY-12D, Boonville, NY 13309
- Phone: 315-358-4139
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venues: kickngliders.org/wp/tug-hill-east-ny/
- We’ve rented multiple three-bedroom Townhomes on Fourth Lake from Rocky Point Properties for a very long time.
- Address: 21 Rocky Point Lane, Inlet, NY 13360
- Phone: 315-357-3751
- Email: email@example.com
- Venues: kickngliders.org/wp/inlet-region-ny/
- There are a very large number of rental properties and hotel/motel facilities in Lake Placid.
- We’ve rented the eight-bedroom Sandbrook Duo on the grounds of Whiteface Club and Resort for several years. Although it’s a great property, it is likely too big for a small group.
- However, the owner recently notified us that this season he’s made the property available to rent as half of the house. It works because the property was originally two houses. That makes it a five bedroom property.
- Address: 17 Hemlock Way, Lake Placid, NY, 12946
- Phone: 732-996-6021
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venues: kickngliders.org/wp/adirondack-high-peaks-region-ny/
- Bill Hoffman started the Cazenovia trip, staying at the Brae Loch Inn and has never looked back. It’s a beautiful inn that serves a very good continental breakfast. They have a highly rated restaurant and there are alternatives a short walk away.
- Address: 5 Albany St, Cazenovia, NY 13035
- Phone: 315-655-3431
- Email: email@example.com
- Venues: kickngliders.org/wp/onondaga-county-ny/
- The VRBO rental, Legacy House, planed for this season, has never been used by the club before. And it’s a pretty big place.
- Instead, you might want to consider staying at Garnet Hill Lodge, right on the property, with its excellent restaurant and ski-out-the door convenience.
- Front Desk 518-251-2444
- Address: 39 Garnet Hill Road North River, NY 12856
- Phone: 518-251-2444
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venues: https://kickngliders.org/wp/north-creek-area-ny/
- We’ve spent many a New Year’s Eve at Craftsbury Outdoor Center and recently, we’ve made two trips each year. Great place!
- Address: 535 Lost Nation Rd, Craftsbury Common, VT 05827
- Phone: 802-586-7767
- Venues: https://kickngliders.org/wp/craftsbury-vt/
- The Commodores Inn on the south end of Stowe caters to the ski crowd and the folks there are great. They’ve suspended their food services due to the pandemic but it’s a great place.
- Address: 823 S Main St, Stowe, VT 05672
- Phone: 802-253-7131
- Email: mailto:email@example.com
- Venues: https://kickngliders.org/wp/stowe-vt/
- Andrea Hospodar turned us on to Stonehurst Manor in 2009 and it’s been one of our most popular trips ever since. You can rent one of their three bedroom condos, as the club does, or simply stay at the beautiful Manor, itself.
- Address: 3351 White Mountain Highway (Rt. 16), N Conway, NH
- Phone: 603-356-3113
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venues: kickngliders.org/wp/north-conway-area-nh/