Program Meetings: Program Meetings are held at 7:00 pm on the first Tuesday of the month at Center Street Grille at 4 Center St, Enola, PA.
Center Street Grille, 717-732-6900, is just south of PA-944/Wertzville Rd. Find it on Google Maps. Or follow these directions from the intersection of I-83 / PA-322 / I-283:
- Follow I-83 S toward Harrisburg
- Take exit 42 toward Lemoyne onto Lowther St
- Turn right onto S 3rd St
- Turn right onto Market St
- Take the 1st left onto S Front St/S Enola Rd
- Turn left onto PA-944 W
- Turn left onto PA-944 W/?Wertzville Rd
- Turn left onto Center St
- Destination will be on the left
- Follow I-81 N (1.2 mi)
- Exit 61 for PA-944/Wertzville Rd (0.2 mi)
- R onto PA-944 E/Wertzville Rd (2.1 mi)
- R onto Center St. Destination on left. (135 ft)
- Follow I-83 N (1.8 mi)
- Exit 41B for Lemoyne (0.5 mi)
- L onto Lowther St (0.2 mi)
- L onto S 3rd St (0.5 mi)
- R onto Market St (0.4 mi)
- L onto S Front St (2.0 mi)
- Continue onto US-11 N/US-15/501 N (1.0 mi)
- L onto Enola St (259 ft)
- Slight L onto South St (0.1 mi)
- R onto PA-944 W (0.4 mi)
- L onto PA-944 W/Wertzville Rd (0.6 mi)
- L onto Center St. Destination will be on the left. (135 ft)
Dinner Socials: We meet at a local restaurant at 7:00 pm on the Wednesday fifteen days after each program meeting. We eat, gab and do a little informal business at these affairs. It’s a nice time to get to know each other a little better.
Summer Activities: Since Program Chair, Mike McMullen, knows his fellow Kick ‘n Gliders like to get together several times during the off season, he’s scheduled several activities that should be fun and give members a chance to socialize and stay in touch with the group in the summer.
Summer Activities 2019
Got an idea for something you think would be popular with fellow Kick ‘n Gliders? Just shoot a
note to email@example.com.
Join fellow Kick 'n Gliders for this free concert, part of the park's Summer Concert Series (www.longspark.org).
The Performer is Nitty Gritty Dirt Band founding member, John McEuen. Over his career, he’s made more than 40 albums and has been nominated for and/or won Grammy and Emmy awards, CMA and ACM awards, the Western Heritage Award, and many others. Don’t miss the chance to see an important player in America’s musical heritage perform live!
- This concert series is well attended, so try to get there early.
- Look for balloons marking our location on the lawn.
- Bring a lawn chair and your own picnic or purchase food from the food trucks. The park is alcohol-free.
- It is best to park at Park City. Get on Circle Rd, the outer perimeter road around the east side parking lots, and find a parking space where the road bends around Boscov's. There'll be plenty of other cars and people crossing Circle Rd to the path leading under Rt 30 to Long's Park.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-730-6073 and we'll save you some space.
This is a snow day makeup event from last winter. Herbie's is at 720 Main St, Harrisburg, PA.
Bill & Kay Pickering will lead the event. The band is the Central City Orchestra which we may have heard before. Tickets are $16.00 at the gate. Come at 6:00 and bring your picnic supper and lawn chair. We will reserve enough space if we know who is coming. Contact Bill & Kay at
The address is 140 Vintage Dr, Bainbridge, PA.
- Recommended arrival – 6:00 to 7:30 pm
- Wine Tastings – 6:00 to 7:45 pm
- Wine, Beer, & Food – 6:00 to 9:00 pm
- The Concert – 7:30 to 10:00 pm
8:00 – Breakfast at the Porch and Pantry when they open at 8:00 am.
- They don't take reservations so it's first come first seated.
9:30 - Ride on the Mt. Gretna Rail Trail.
- Starts from the central parking lot in Mt. Gretna.
1:00 - Arrive at Tom Hoober's home for a Potluck Lunch.
- Address is 208 Maple Avenue or 208 Heights Ave or 208 Maple Ave (township changed name of street).
- Tom will supply burgers and sausages.
- Attendees are asked to bring an item to share, e.g.salads, desserts as well as beverages of their choice.
- Our host will try to get a good game of quoits going.
Please RSVP for the lunch part so Tom can plan and please let us know what your dish will be.
RSVP - email@example.com (preferred) or 717-730-6073
This traditional event will be held at the LeRoy/Kauhl home in Shermans Dale. Save the date! Details later.