Program Meetings: Program Meetings are held at 7:00 pm on the first Tuesday of the month at Center Street Grille at 4 Center St, Enola, PA.
Center Street Grille, 717-732-6900, is just south of PA-944/Wertzville Rd. Find it on Google Maps. Or follow these directions from the intersection of I-83 / PA-322 / I-283:
- Follow I-83 S toward Harrisburg
- Take exit 42 toward Lemoyne onto Lowther St
- Turn right onto S 3rd St
- Turn right onto Market St
- Take the 1st left onto S Front St/S Enola Rd
- Turn left onto PA-944 W
- Turn left onto PA-944 W/?Wertzville Rd
- Turn left onto Center St
- Destination will be on the left
- Follow I-81 N (1.2 mi)
- Exit 61 for PA-944/Wertzville Rd (0.2 mi)
- R onto PA-944 E/Wertzville Rd (2.1 mi)
- R onto Center St. Destination on left. (135 ft)
- Follow I-83 N (1.8 mi)
- Exit 41B for Lemoyne (0.5 mi)
- L onto Lowther St (0.2 mi)
- L onto S 3rd St (0.5 mi)
- R onto Market St (0.4 mi)
- L onto S Front St (2.0 mi)
- Continue onto US-11 N/US-15/501 N (1.0 mi)
- L onto Enola St (259 ft)
- Slight L onto South St (0.1 mi)
- R onto PA-944 W (0.4 mi)
- L onto PA-944 W/Wertzville Rd (0.6 mi)
- L onto Center St. Destination will be on the left. (135 ft)
Dinner Socials: We meet at a local restaurant at 7:00 pm on the Wednesday fifteen days after each program meeting. We eat, gab and do a little informal business at these affairs. It’s a nice time to get to know each other a little better.
Summer Activities: Since Program Chair, Mike McMullen, knows his fellow Kick ‘n Gliders like to get together several times during the off season, he’s scheduled several activities that should be fun and give members a chance to socialize and stay in touch with the group in the summer.
Join fellow K'nGers for this free concert, part of the park's Summer Concert Series (www.longspark.org). The band is The Lords of 52nd Street, Billy Joel's band in the 70's.
- This concert series is well attended, so try to get there early.
- Look for the red balloons marking our location on the lawn.
- Bring a lawn chair and your own picnic or purchase food from the food trucks. The park is alcohol-free.
- It is best to park at Park City. Get on Circle Rd, the outer perimeter road around the east side parking lots, and find a parking space where the road bends around Boscov's. There'll be plenty of other cars and people crossing Circle Rd to the path leading under Rt 30 to Long's Park.
RSVP to email@example.com or 717-730-6073 and we'll save you some space.
Bill & Kay Pickering will lead a summer trip to the Nissley Vineyards for an evening of music and fellowship.
- Bring your picnic dinner (we will have appetizers to share) and we will gather on the lawn to eat, tell stories of past or upcoming ski trips and enjoy the music.
- The band on that evening is Central City Orchestra which plays R&B favorites, Disco, Funk and Contemporary Pop.
- Address is: Vintage Drive, Bainbridge, PA 17502.
- Tickets are $18.00, pay at the door, cash or credit.
- Purchase Nissley wine on site.
- Gates open at 6:00 PM. (We suggest you arrive as soon after 6:00 PM as you can and look for us in front of the barn.)
- The music starts at 7:30 PM.
If you let us know you will be coming, it will help us save space for all K'nG music lovers.
Bill & Kay
RSVP - firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-514-4634 (C), 717-232-1326 (H)
8:00 - Start the day with breakfast at the Porch and Pantry Restaurant.
- They open at 8:00 and don't take reservations so we'll just have to get here early.
9:30 - Ride on the Mt. Gretna Rail Trail
- Starts from the central parking lot in Mt. Gretna.
12:00 - We head up to Tom Hoober's for a potluck Lunch.
- Tom's going to grill dogs and sausages.
- Address is 208 Maple Avenue or 208 Heights Avenue or 208 Maple Heights Ave. (West Cornwall township has changed the street name but GPS information has not.)
- Please RSVP for this part so Tom can plan and let us know what your dish will be.
- RSVP - email@example.com or 717-730-6073
T. J. Rockwell's American Grill & Tavern
800 Mt Gretna Rd, Elizabethtown, PA 17022
Bill and Sandy are delighted to host the annual Kick 'n Glider Christmas Party at their home in Landisville. Join your fellow Kick 'n Gliders for this festive holiday gathering. It’s a chance to meet new members, swap stories about past exploits on the ski trails, and plan for an exciting 2019 ski season.
As usual, bring a dish to share with others and a beverage of your choice.
DIRECTIONS IN THE NEWSLETTER
102 W Chocolate Ave, Hershey, PA 17033
Herbie's El Mexicano
720 Main St, Harrisburg, PA 17113
3608 Market St, Camp Hill, PA 17011
Last general meeting of the year.
Election of new officers and trip planning for the 2020 season.
Blue Bird Inn
2387 Cornwall Rd, Lebanon, PA 17042