In lieu of Club sponsored trips for the 2021 season, several members have expressed interest in running their own trips and inviting Club members to participate. To be clear, Kick ‘n Gliders Nordic Ski Club has no control over these trips and does not handle any of the arrangements or finances. The Club simply provides this page as a central place where the members who run the trips can publicize them.
Any member who wishes to run a trip on their own and wishes to invite other club members should contact the webmaster at email@example.com to have the trip posted on this page.
Contact trip leaders for further information on each trip.
Susquehannock Lodge – Gil Linde – February 5, 6 and 7, 2021
This has been a traditional trip which is still planned for this year. We were up in the summer and they have room for us to spread out, so I think the winter will be OK too. We are staying in touch with them as any COVID conditions change. If some of you want to try a different weekend or during the week, you may be able to make those arrangements too. They generally have good snow there, but on rare occasions, during the last 40 years, we have also enjoyed the hiking and excellent food.
This is an exciting ski weekend that offers the entire family a complete skiing and sledding experience!
- The Susquehannock Lodge has direct access to hundreds of miles of cross-country ski trails right from our back door. A perfect place for you to enjoy the quiet setting of Pennsylvania’s Northwoods – a special place where there are more deer than people.
- Visit the Susquehannock Lodge website for additional information www.susquehannock-lodge.com
- Arrive anytime from Thursday morning through late Friday. The final dinner on Sunday will be served at about 2:00 as a late lunch.
- Attractions include great food, cross-country skiing and sledding. Contact Gil to try one of his unique single or double runner sleds.
- Includes Next Day Big BREAKFAST & DINNER
- Rates are per-person:
|TYPE||2 NIGHTS (Fri/Sat)||3 NIGHTS (Th/Fri/Sat)|
- Kids ages (4-12), Kids (3-under) FREE
- “Private” is 2 per room with private bath; “Lodge” is a shared bath down the hall.
- Final dinner on Sunday will be served at about 2:00 as a late lunch
- Optional bag lunches: Sandwich, cookies, fruit and candy bar $8.50
- Optional arrival night dinner: $18.00. (Must be prearranged.)
- Made directly to The Susquehannock Lodge (Ed & Carol Szymanik)
- 5039 US Route 6 West, Ulysses, PA 16948
- Reference: Carol (814) 435-2163, firstname.lastname@example.org
- $50 Due Dec 20, 2020
- (if unable to come on your schedule weekend, deposit can be used through Oct, 2021)
- Balance – Due when you arrive
Please keep trip leader Gil Linde informed as to your trip arrangements.
- 711 Pleasant Dr, New Holland, PA 17557