On these trips we drive to nearby destinations such as a local parks with skiable trails (you’ll need equipment) or to one of the commercial operations (e.g. Crystal Lake or Laurel Ridge State Park) where they groom trails and offer rental gear & lessons. We “chase the snow” and arrange trips on an ad-hoc basis via our special Day Trips Email List. You need not be a member of the of our club to join the list, however we may ask you to sign a waiver before participating.
Join Our Day Trips Email Distrubution List!
We have a special email list just for people interested in participating in our Day Trips. You need not be a member of the Kick ‘n Gliders Nordic Ski Club to join the mailing list. However, we may ask that non-members sign a wavier before participating in a trip.
- Send an empty e-mail to: OneDayTrips@kickngliders.org
- Note: No need for a subject or message text. After subscribing, you will get all e-mail sent by other subscribers to the list!
To Send a message to everyone on the list:
- Send your e-mail message to: OneDayTripsemail@example.com
- Note: you must subscribe before you can send to the list.
- Use the link near the bottom of any e-mail from the list. You’ll get a confirmation e-mail that you’ve been removed.
- Club members propose leading a trip by sending a message to the list. The leader should suggest a place and time for participants to meet for the purposes of planning the day, providing driving directions and organizing ride sharing.
- People interested in participating in the trip should respond, indicating their interest, asking any questions they might have and making suggestions.
- Trip leaders have the option to decline to accept a prospective participant on their trip.