Pasta is a sure hit. I’ve been serving this and similar pasta dishes for years. Serve with a tossed salad and crusty bread.
|2||lbs||Pasta. (I prefer to use penne, bow tie or rotini types rather than spaghetti since they hold the sauce better and are much easier to serve.)|
|2½||lbs||Sweet Italian Sausage (Please don’t use hot sausage since it will not be edible by many.)|
|2-3||14-oz cans||Chicken Broth|
|2||Tbs||Basil, dried (Fresh would be better)|
|4||14-oz cans||Diced Tomatoes|
|3||10-oz pkgs||Spinach, frozen chopped|
|1½||cups||Romano Cheese, grated|
- In a large skillet, heat oil and cook sausage. Remove sausage, slice and reserve.
- Sauté onion and garlic.
- Add Chicken Broth, Basil, Italian Seasoning and Tomatoes with liquid.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes to slightly reduce.
- Add Spinach and reserved Sausage; cover skillet and simmer on reduced heat until spinach is tender.
- Above can be prepared, chilled ahead of time and reheated at meal-time.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- Serve sauce over pasta.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.