President Bill Stine called the meeting to order at 7:10 pm.
Approximately 15 people attended the meeting.
A short business meeting was held. Trip reports were given by trip leaders and participants.
Executive Committee Reports:
- In the absence of Treasurer, Dave Leroy the budget was discussed. The club will be scaling back on expenditures. One proposed money saving change would be giving members the option to get only an electronic copy of their newsletter to reduce printing and mailing costs. Printing and mailing the newsletter is one of the club’s biggest expenses.
- Members were requested that when sending anything to Dave Leroy to please send to the club’s PO Box 1353, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055.
- Day Trip Coordinator, Nan Reisinger, no report.
- Membership Chairman, Mike McMullen, no report.
- Newsletter Editor, Pete Oswald, March Newsletter in the mail and he is trying to get the April
newsletter out early.
- Program Coordinator, Tanya Richter, absent, no report.
- Secretary, Marilyn Grove, no report.
- Vice President/President Elect, Peggy Hampton reported on the year-end banquet social.
Dave Powell gave nominating Committee Report. Nominations for 2008-2009 Slate of Officers are as follows:
- President – William Stine
- Vice President/President Elect – Peggy Hampton
- Secretary – Marilyn Grove
- Treasurer – Dave Leroy
- Trip Coordinator – Nancy Borremans
- Program Coordinator – Tanya Richter
- Membership Chair – Mike McMullen
- Immediate Past President – Dave Powell
- Day Trip Coordinator – Andrea Hospodar
- Newsletter Editor – Peter Oswald
PROGRAM: The business meeting adjourned and we enjoyed Hiker Bill’s presentation on the Art of Highpoint and Other Good Stuff.
Bill Hoffman won the $25 gift card to Wildware.
Marilyn S. Grove