People thinking about taking up cross country skiing often have no idea what it is we do out in the snow all day. Wouldn’t it be nice if they could see what goes on.
Well, I have long-standing practice of gathering everyone’s photos and video clips at the end of each ski day to be used for club purposes. Lately, I’ve been compiling each day’s take into a video, setting them to some background music and showing them to trip participants that same evening. I refer to them as the “Daily Rush”.
Embedded below are selected examples that I’ve posted on YouTube. In case you haven’t guessed, we don’t exactly perform at Olympic level. But we do have fun!
I hope you enjoy them and learn a bit about the sport as we practice it!
- 2021, Susquehannock Lodge #1
- 2021, Susquehannock Lodge #2
- 2016, Craftsbury New Years Trip Overview
- 2015, Stowe Trip, Bolton Valley Backcountry Loop
- 2015, Stowe Trip, Sterling Forest
- 2015,Laurentians Trip, Camping Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts
- 2015,Laurentians Trip, Mont Tremblant Secteur Diable
- 2014 Garnet Hill Trip, Santanoni Great Camp Trail
- 2014 Garnet Hill Trip, Siamese Ponds & Garnet Hill Trails
- 2014 Boonville Trip, BREIA Canal Trail & Barnes Corners Ski Trails
- 2014 North Conway Trip, Nanamocomuck Trail
- 2014 Boonville Trip, BREIA Jackson Hill Trails