President Bill Stine called the meeting to order at 7:10 pm.
Approximately 22 people attended the meeting.
A short business meeting was held.
- The club newsletter was discussed. The opportunity will be offered to save the club money by “opting out” of paper delivery in favor of electronic delivery. Paper delivery will continue to be available for those who prefer it. The club will continue to send out the Season Guide and People to Ski With.
- It was announced that the Executive Committee has decided to raise club dues to $20.00 for individual membership and $30 for a family membership. A simplified membership application was also discussed.
- Peg Hampton reports that the sign up deadline for the Year-End Banquet is April 4. Plans are going smoothly for this event, which will be held Wednesday, April 16 at the Naval Depot Commissioned Officers’ Mess, Mechanicsburg.
Election of Officers was held with the Slate of Officers presented by Sandy Stine. They are as follows:
- President: William Stine
- Vice President/Pres Elect: Peggy Hampton
- Secretary: Marilyn Grove
- Treasurer: Dave Leroy
- Trip Coordinator: Nancy Borremans
- Program Coordinator: Tanya Richter
- Membership Chair: Mike McMullen
- Immediate Past President: Dave Powell
- Day Trip Coordinator: Andrea Hospodar
- Newsletter Editor: Pete Oswald
Bill Hoffman voted to close the nominations and Bill Pickering seconded. Marilyn Grove cast the ballot.
The trip-planning meeting got under way with Nancy Borremans leading the discussion and Nancy Kauhl arranging and rearranging the trip calendar. A tentative schedule will be published on the website and possibly announced at the banquet. We planned a full and busy ski trip schedule with some “tried and true” leaders and a couple of new leaders. Looks like an exciting season for 2009.
Pete Oswald won the gift certificate to Wildware.
Meeting adjourned at 8:40 pm.
Marilyn S. Grove