President Peggy Hampton called the meeting to order at 7:05pm.
There were approximately 24 people in attendance and a lot of new faces so we did a brief introduction of all attendees.
Dave LeRoy reported that 55 people enjoyed this year’s rainy day Ox Roast that he and Nancy graciously hosted again this year.
Dave & Sandy reviewed this years trip sign ups. Many trips are already full. Spaces remaining on Craftsbury, Turin, Morrisville,Pulaski I & II, N. Conway, Laurentians, Bennington, and Inlet.
- VP/Pres Elect Bill Hoffman, absent
- Treasurer Dave LeRoy Reports that the People to Ski With will come out in a few weeks. We will be
notified by mail if your dues aren’t paid.
- Program Coordinator – Tanya Richter – has programs and socials set up for the season. Next dinner social – Nov 18 at Piazza Sorrento in Hershey and the next general membership meeting Dec 2 with Dr Mark Foley discussing the benefits of acupuncture for the athlete.
- Newsletter Editor Pete Oswald, absent. The next Easy Glider will come out right before Thanksgiving.
- Extended Trips Sandy Stine, see above report.
- Day Trips Andrea Hospodar reports we will potentially have 4-day trips – Nolte Forest, Crystal Lake, Eagles Mere, and Raystown Lake.
- Membership Mike McMullen, absent.
- Secretary Marilyn Grove, nothing to report.
2010 Awards Banquet will be held April 21. Sandy Stine, chair for the banquet, reports she is looking into places to hold this event.
Web Master/Past President Bill Stine reports he is always accepting information and updating our website.
PROGRAM: Andy from Wildware presented information and distributed a flyer on Wildware’s Consignment Program. They will help you sell your used sports equipment in a shop located inside the store. Make an appointment Tues – Friday during the day and they will work with you on pricing your items. Once your item is sold, the consignor receives either 50% of the selling price in the form of a check or 60% of the selling price in store credit. See Consignment Agreement Policy pamphlet available in the store.
We then had a short program (informative video) on Waxing Skis.
Joan Short was the winner of the $25 gift certificate for Wildware.
The meeting adjourned at 8:15pm