President Bill Hoffman called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm.
Approximately 34 people attended the meeting in our new meeting place in the Community Room at the Harrisburg East Mall.
2011 Trip Status was reviewed as follows:
- Craftsbury, VT – space available
- Middlebury, VT – FULL (see Bill Stine re additional space)
- Lake Louise, CA – FULL
- Port Leyden, NY I – space available
- Pulaski, NY I – space available
- Laurentian Mts, CA – space available
- Highland Forest, NY – space available
- North Conway, NH – FULL
- Hut to Hut ,ME – FULL (see Bill Stine re additional space)
- Lake Placid, NY – FULL
- Inlet,NY – space available
- Pulaski, NY II – space available
- Port Leyden, NY II – space available
- President – Bill Hoffman: nothing to report
- Vice President – Jean Geiger: absent
- Treasurer – Dave LeRoy: nothing to report but always looking for your money
- Secretary – Marilyn Grove: nothing to report
- Newsletter – Pete Oswald: absent
- Extended Ski Trips – Sandy Stine: nothing to report
- Day Trips – Ron Henry: nothing
- Membership – Mike McMullen: absent but we were reminded to make sure he has our correct information for “People to Ski With”
Huge thank you to Dave LeRoy and Nancy Kauhl for hosting another great kick off to the 2010-2011 ski season with the Ox Roast.
Dave Powell announced the traditional social following the meeting would be held at the “Underdog”.
PROGRAM: Our speaker for the evening, Hubble Astronomer Nolan Walborn, was introduced by his brother Dave Walborn. We were entertained by his program on “Birth,Life and Death of the Stars” and were fascinated with the amazing images from the Hubble Space Telescope. What a treat!
The meeting adjourned at 8:55 pm.
Marilyn S. Grove