President Jean Geiger called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm.
Approximately 29 people attended.
- PRESIDENT – no report, but we all wish Jean a speedy recovery from her recently fractured wrist. There went ski season!
- VICE PRESIDENT – No report
- SECRETARY – No report
- TREASURER – Dave announced there are several openings on upcoming trips. Call him for specifics.
- NEWSLETTER EDITOR – Pete stated the deadline for February newsletter is January 24.
- WEBMASTER – Bill Stine promised to post the meeting notes from the last few meetings.
- Big thank you to the Stines for hosting the annual Christmas party.
- Craftsbury – Nancy reported ski conditions were good. Some changes this year to the trails, “meatless Monday” and a shuttle running to accommodate our schedule.
- Cassanovia – Bill reported 12 people participated in this great trip. Good conditions. Skied Highland Forest this year.
- Bill Stine reported that an insulated pack was left at the Christmas party.
- Cheryl Capitani stated she and Dave Powell met a woman from NJ ski club at Craftsbury who has skied in Austria
4 times and is interested in working with our club to put together a trip to Austria for 2014. Quick count was taken
and there seemed to be substantial interest for doing this.
- Discussed having a year end banquet. Cheryl Capitani, Dave LeRoy, and Bill Stine are willing to work on this.
- Discussion regarding this month’s Dinner Social. The correct date for this is 1/23/13. Jean Geiger will send out a
revised email to clarify.
- Bill Pickering reports skiing last Wed at Crystal Lake and stated the skiing was great. Joan Short suggested you
call first before heading up as there was a bulletin stating they will be closed on Tues and Wed.
- Motion to adjourn the business meeting at 7:30 pm was made by Jean Geiger. Dave LeRoy and Dennis Major seconded
PROGRAM: Tom Conner entertained us with discussion and slides of his solo bike trip across Ireland. Another great program.
Program was over at 8:05 pm.
Marilyn S. Grove