President Jean Geiger called the meeting to order at 7:03 pm.
Ten people attended. The following attendees introduced themselves: Jean Geiger, Frank Geiger, Howard Davis (from Shippensburg & planning to join the Gliders), Chas Ford, Laura (Pickering) Ford, Al Hoch, Bernie Webber, Tim Musser, Dick Norford (our speaker), and Peg Hampton
- PRESIDENT – No report
- VICE PRESIDENT – No report
- TREASURER – No report
- NEWLETTER EDITOR – No report
- WEBMASTER – No report
OLD BUSINESS: No old business to discuss
- Pulaski 1 – Area lost most of their base the week before our trip with 60 degree temps. We skied at Osceola XC Center Saturday & Sunday. The Friday afternoon group hiked at Selkirk Shores State Park.
- Boonville – Tim Musser reported that they had good conditions and skied all of the BREIA Trails.
- Potter County – Not the best conditions – they did some skiing & hiking
- Laurel Highlands Day Trip led by Nan Reisinger – Howard Davis reported that ski conditions were good.
- Ottawa – Trip is taking place this week.
- Year End Banquet – Date is April 17. Cheryl Capitani is looking for a location.
- Credit Card Chips for Overseas & Canadian Travel – Jean Geiger’s article appeared in the February 2013 Easy Glider. She reported that she was able to get a Mastercard with chip from Bank of America. Discussion ensued.
- 2014 Austria Trip – Tentative Date is Feb 16 – 23, 2014. Looking at the Hotel Xander in Leutasch (near Innsbrook & Seefeld). Hotel cost this year was about 650 euros with three meals per day included. This is a ski out the door location. There are options to hike or snowshoe. The train station is nearby; therefore, no rental cars would be required. It is too early to get airfare pricing for 2014, but this year’s fares averaged $1200-$1400. Cheryl, Jean, & Sandy will continue to research.
Motion to adjourn the business meeting at 7:15 pm was made by Peg Hampton. Tim Musser seconded the motion.
PROGRAM: Dick Norford entertained us with discussion and slides of the Capital Area Greenbelt Association (CAGA). His program included historical information and prospects for the future. Dick invited us to the Tour de Belt scheduled for Sunday, June 2, 2013. Please be sure to check out the CAGA website at www.CAGA.org. Another great program.
Program was over at 8:30 pm.
Peg Hampton (for Marilyn Grove)