President Dave Walborn called the meeting to order at 7:00pm
Approximately 22 people gathered at Folklore Coffee & Co, 1 North Market St, Elizabethtown, PA.
- President – Dave Walborn welcomed everyone to the first meeting of the season. Thanked everyone
who has been working behind the scenes during the off-season. He kept the meeting moving along!
- Vice President – Dave Powell, no report.
- Treasurer – Dave reported there are a few vacancies on several trips and waiting lists for others.
- Secretary – Marilyn Grove, no report
- Newsletter Editor – Pete Oswald, absent no report
- Webmaster – Bill Stine reported that some Comcast members did not get the last newsletter and because of the problem with Comcast he will switch to another provider.
- Program Director – Cheryl Capitani reports that the next meeting will feature Steve Runkle and his wife at the Center Street Grill with a presentation on Native American Life in the Susquehanna River Basin Region, December 3. The first social will be on Wednesday, November 20 at Florentino’s.
OLD BUSINESS: None
- Andrea Hospodar advised us that Crystal Lake is looking for “season memberships to start up and insure the ski season continues”. She encouraged us the get season passes. Has agreed to put an article on the website regarding Crystal Lake.
- Nancy Kauhl showed us a sample of the ski caps the club will be selling. If we have 25 people interested in purchasing the caps, we can use our own design. Send $20 to the treasurer for your ski cap. Two sizes available.
- Business meeting adjourned at 7:20pm.
PROGRAM: Karen from Eastern Mountain Sports discussed clothing layering systems, showed us some neat stuff and got us revved up to go use our discount coupons for some preseason purchases.
Marilyn S. Grove