The meeting was called to order by President Dave Walborn at 7:10pm.
Approximately 43 people attended the meeting.
- President: (see new business)
- Vice President: No Report
- Secretary: No Report
- Treasurer: Dave reports he has a lot of checks to distribute and as soon as he’s done skiing for the season, he’ll get them mailed.
- Newsletter: No Report
- Webmaster: No Report
- Programs: Cheryl reports that the last general membership meeting will be held April 1 with trip planning
for next season and election of new officers. Bring your proposals and particulars. The next sociable will be April 19 at Herbie’s.
- None to discuss.
- We heard trip reports from the leaders of Hut to Hut, Quebec, Lake Placid, Inlet and Pulaski II. Snow conditions were great and participants had a good time.
- Jean Geiger, Nominating Chairperson, states she needs a Day Trip Coordinator. If interested contact her.
- President, Dave Walborn, presented his proposals to help promote the club and increase our membership. Copies of ski club “business cards”, designed by Nancy Kauhl, were passed around for each member to print, carry with them , and pass on to anyone they meet who shows an interest in the club.
- We had a lengthy discussion regarding Dave’s four proposals. The proposals included making initial participation easier, increasing and enhancing opportunities to participate, facilitating initial participation by families and increasing awareness of the club among younger people. (For details of these individual proposals see Four Proposals.) Bill Stine moved that the four proposals be put to the Executive Committee to consider and discuss further. Seconded by Bill Hoffman.
The business meeting adjourned at 8:10pm
Program: We were treated to a video chronicle of Bill and Sandy Stine’s summer-long camping trip to Alaska.
Marilyn S. Grove