President Dave Powell called the meeting to order at 7:10pm
Marilyn Chastek was introduced as a “newish” member.
Approximately 30 people attended the meeting.
- President – Dave Powell reminded us that this Saturday (11/8) is a workday at Crystal Lake. Rick Begley has agreed to be the contact person for Crystal Lake spur of the moment trips.
- Vice President – Lisa Baer – absent
- Treasurer – Dave LeRoy gave the trip reports. Most trips full but a few have a few openings, with deadlines approaching.
- Secretary – Marilyn Grove – nothing to report
- Membership – Nancy Kauhl stated we have a few new members.
- Newsletter/Editor – Pete O – nothing to report
- Webmaster – Bill Stine requested we notify him if you find a broken link in the website. Bill discussed new idea on organizing and running this year’s day trips. He has a new “Day Trips” page set up on website with a box which will allow you to scroll through messages from club members regarding day trips. This box is actually at Twitter “feed”. You will be able to organize a last minute trip; contact members interested in going along, and set up arrangements.
- Dave Walborn stated that Craftsbury has a beginner skiing program, which can be set up for our upcoming trip if anyone is interested in taking this class. Several people expressed interest.
PROGRAM: Program Director, Jean Geiger, introduced our speaker, Richard Hertzler, award-winning photographer from the Lancaster Newspapers. His program was a collection of breathtaking images from four decades as a photojournalist in the Amish country. Amazing stuff.
The meeting adjourned at 8:50pm.