President Dave Powell called the meeting to order at 7:07 pm.
Approximately 34 people attended.
- President – Dave Powell – no report
- Vice President – Mike McMullen – no report
- Treasurer – Dave LeRoy – watch your mailbox – trip refunds coming
- Secretary – Marilyn Grove – no report
- Newsletter Editor – Pete Oswald – Deadline for next newsletter is 3/18/16.
- Webmaster – Bill Stine – A recipe section has been added to the website to ease your dilemma when trying to plan a suitable meal for a large group on future ski trips. These are tried and true recipes. Also photos are being added from past trips.
- Trip Planning – Ron Henry reminded us that the next and last meeting will be our trip planning for next year. Bring your ideas and appropriate information for trips you’d like to do. Trip leaders gave trip reports. Mediocre season but we made the best of it.
- Membership – Nancy Kauhl – no report
- Program Director – Sandy Stine reminded us that the Election of Officer’s and Trip Planning meeting would be held at the Center Street Grill. April 5. Next social will be April 20 at the Blue Bird in Cornwall. Get your reservations in.
Nominating Committee – Dave Walborn presented the slate of officers for next season to include:
- President – Mike McMullen
- Vice President/President Elect – Ron Henry
- Secretary – Marilyn Grove
- Treasurer – Dave Leroy
- Trip Coordinator – David Walborn
- Membership Chairperson – Nancy Kauhl
- Program Coordinator – Nan Reisinger
- Newsletter Editor – Pete Oswald
In Addition – other members of the Executive Committee include:
- Immediate Past President – Dave Powell
- Web Master – Bill Stine
Nominations will be accepted from the floor prior to the ballot.
Business Meeting Adjourned at 7:25 pm.
PROGRAM: Sandy Stine introduced Ed Cook who presented “Skies Unlimited – Lancaster’s Largest Telescopes” from the Joseph R. Grundy Observatory at F&M. Ed made it easy for us – he adjusted the telescopes and we viewed Jupiter and its moons from a 132 year old refractory telescope! What an amazing night! FYI – the observatory is open to the public on select nights. See the Joseph R. Grundy website for dates and times.
Marilyn S Grove