This meeting was held at Center Street Grill.
President Ron Henry called the meeting to order at 7:11 pm.
Approximately 21 people attended.
- President, Ron Henry – Nothing to report
- VP and Membership Chair, Nancy Kauhl – Advised that if you want to be in the Ski Club Roster, you need to get your dues paid this week. An email reminder will be sent out to those that owe money. Also, reservations were made for Craftsbury 2019.
- Treasurer, Dave LeRoy – Discussed trip availability, which are listed in the latest newsletter. He requested that when you send money for multiple trips, please give him the breakdown of which deposit is for which trip.
- Secretary, Marilyn Grove – Nothing to report
- Trip Coordinator, Dave Walborn – Thanked Nancy Kauhl for her promos for trips in the newsletter.
- Day Trips, Bill Stine – Absent – no report
- Program Coordinator, Nan Reisinger – Announced the Holiday Party on December 20 at Bill and Sandy Stine’s home. Next meeting, January 2, 2018 at the Center Street Grill will feature Dave Leroy and what’s in his pack, Fred Richter – fun facts – National Parks and Nan Rissinger who will discuss hiking the PCT.
- Newsletter Editor, Pete Oswald – Absent no updates
- Past President, Mike McMullen – Nothing to report
- Webmaster, Bill Stine – Absent, no report
The business meeting adjourned at 7:20 pm.
Program: Richard Mannix – “Trek to Everest Base Camp” – Richard and Leslie spent 30 days in Nepal in April of 2016 (one year after the earthquake) doing 130 miles of total hiking. Spring is the best time for hiking and Fall the best time for photography. His pictures were beautiful and his presentation inspiring.
The meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm.
Marilyn S Grove