President Nancy Kauhl called the meeting to order at 7:02pm.
Approximately 23 people attended.
- Vice President, Fred Burgess – absent
- Secretary, Marilyn Grove – no report
- Treasurer, Dave Leroy requests that you give him details of trip payments, including which trip you are paying for.
- Trip Co coordinator, David Walborn – Openings still remain on some trips (Inlet, Pulaski II, and Booneville)
- Program Co-coordinator, Mike McMullen announced the next social January 23 at Fenicci”s. Next month’s general meeting on February 5, 2019 will feature Gil Linde & program on nontraditional ways of getting around on the snow.
- Newsletter Editor, Pete Oswald January 18, 2019 is the deadline for the next newsletter.
- Trip Reports – Craftsbury reported by Nancy Kauhl as a success. Skiable snow, edible food.
Executive Board Meeting will be held Monday, January 14, 2019 at Center Street Grill.
The business meeting adjourned at 7:09pm.
- DCNR Service Forester at Michaux Forest, John Schwartzer presented an interesting program on Invasive Plants and issues surrounding invasive species, their history and introduction of species to this country, region and locale. Following his talk, we were able to recognize different species. He discussed management options and how to handle a suspected invasive species.