Pam served this dish on the 2016 Inlet Trip. The recipe makes about 40 mini loaves.
Note: Uncooked loaves can be prepared in advance and frozen in oven-proof containers or flash frozen on cookie sheets and then stored in zip lock freezer bags until time of cooking.
MINI LOAVES INGREDIENTS:
|4||lbs||Ham (I use shrink-wrapped, pre-cooked boneless ham that is easy to find in the refrigerated section.)|
|4||cups||Fine Cracker Crumbs (ground using food processor)|
|½||cup||Green Pepper, chopped|
TANGY SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
|4||8 oz cans||Tomato Sauce|
|4||cups||Brown Sugar, firmly packed|
- Cut off the tough rind of ham. Then roughly chop into 2 inch pieces and grind in food processor. It just took 5-6 pulses to grind it up to the consistency to form patties.
- Combine Mini Loaves ingredients in order. Mix well. Shape into about 40 mini-loaves.
- If desired, freeze at this point. Be sure to defrost fully prior to cooking.
- Combine Tangy Sauce ingredients.
- Baste mini loaves with tangy sauce using a teaspoon to pour over each loaf prior to going into the oven and again during cooking.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour.