Even folks who “don’t like” Brussels sprouts seem agreeable to this twist on preparing this great vegetable.
|2||lbs||Uncooked Brussels Sprouts, trimmed|
|2||Tbs||Olive Oil, extra-virgin|
|¼||tsp||Black Pepper, freshly ground|
|3||Tbs||Maple Syrup (The real stuff!)|
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place Brussels sprouts in plastic bag. Add oil, toss well to coat.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons salt and pepper.
- Roast, stirring and rotating pan halfway through cooking, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, maple syrup and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan; set over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring frequently, until thick and syrupy, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon Brussels sprouts into a serving dish; drizzle with syrup mixture just before serving.
Note: If your oven is otherwise occupied, you can pan roast these instead. Simply place the oiled sprouts, uncovered, in a large frying pan on medium high. Stir every couple of minutes until portions of the sprouts brown in places and become aromatic. Then cover and cook on low until sprouts are crisp-tender.